July 12, 2020 –
The Basic Handgun Training is intended for the First-Time Shooter to the Intermediate Shooter. This class is taught by a Certified Texas DPS LTC Instructor who is also a Certified NRA Pistol Instructor who will take the time to educate & explain shooting techniques that will help the student gain confidence in handgun safety & handling and shooting proficiency. This class is a great first step towards preparing for the Texas License To Carry (LTC) Course.
More Details: Class topics include Fundamentals of Shooting, Handgun Safety & Handling, Shooting Range Etiquette, Handgun types (revolvers & semi-automatic), Handgun Ammunition, Shooting Stance, Shooting Grip, Proper Aiming, Breathing Control, Trigger Control. Additionally, we will discuss Basic Texas Handgun Laws.
During live fire training students will demonstrate proper shooting stance, shooting grip, aiming on the target and trigger (squeeze) control with a live firearm. The length of time target shooting will be determined on the amount of ammunition expended.
- Taught by a Texas DPS Certified LTC Instructor
- Classroom instruction is scheduled for 2 hours (based on size of group & does not include range time)
- Shooting Range is scheduled for 1 hour (based on size of group) about 50 rounds of target shooting per hour
- Additional shooting range instruction time is available at an additional hourly rate
- Classes are tailored to the experience level and goals of the student or group
- This class is the first step in preparing for an NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Certification or Texas License To Carry (LTC) Certification