Introduction To Handguns is intended for New Handgun Owners, the Novice to Intermediate and prepares you for the Texas License To Carry (LTC) Class. Introduction to Handguns covers Handgun Basics, Handgun Safety, Handgun Maintenance and Handgun Shooting. This class helps students become more confident in their abilities in handling & shooting a handgun. The class is taught by a Certified Texas DPS LTC Instructor who is also a Certified NRA Pistol Instructor with over 30 years experience teaching Firearms Courses. Our Instructors will take the time to explain & educate students on shooting techniques to give students confidence in handgun handling & safety, and increase their shooting proficiency. Introduction To Handguns is the first step towards preparing for the Texas License To Carry (LTC) Course.
More Details: Class topics include Fundamentals of Shooting, Handgun Safety & Handling, Shooting Range Etiquette, Handgun types (revolvers & semi-automatic), Handgun Ammunition, Shooting Stance, Shooting Grip, Proper Aiming, Breathing Control, Trigger Control. During live fire training students will demonstrate proper shooting stance, shooting grip, aiming on the target and trigger (squeeze) control with a live firearm. The length of time target shooting will be determined on the amount of ammunition expended.
- Taught by a Texas DPS Certified LTC Instructor
- Classroom instruction is scheduled for 3 hours (based on size of group & does not include range time)
- Shooting Range is scheduled for 1 hour (based on size of group) about 50 rounds of target shooting per hour
- Additional shooting range instruction time is available at an additional hourly rate
- Classes are tailored to the experience level and goals of the student or group
- This class is the first step in preparing for an NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Certification or Texas License To Carry (LTC) Certification
- Private One-On-One – $175.00 (prepayment/deposit $100). Balance must be paid prior to Day of Training
- Groups (2 to 4) – $125.00 per Student (prepayment/deposit $75 per student). Balance paid prior to Day of Training
- Course Prepayment/Deposit is due upon registering (please see our policy on deposits & refunds)
- Introduction To Handguns Training (3-hours classroom, 1-hour shooting range)
- Shooting Range Fee ($15 value)
- B-27 Target (45″ high x 24″ wide)
Tuition Does Not Include:
- **Handgun (.22 caliber and larger authorized)
- Ammunition (50 rounds minimum to qualify) – No Reloads Authorized for Safety & Reliability
**Handgun Available Upon Request (Handgun(.22) & Ammo)
What to Bring:
- Texas Driver’s License or Texas State ID
- Notebook, Pen or Pencil
- Handgun (.22 caliber or larger authorized)
- Ammunition (minimum 100 rounds) – No Reloads Authorized for Safety & Reliability
- Hearing Protection
- Eye Protection (reading glasses or prescription glasses are authorized)
- Baseball Cap (to keep hot expended cartridges from landing between you and your eye protection)
- Non-Slip Footwear (no open toe or heel shoe)
- Button-Up Shirt (long sleeve)
Introduction To Handguns
Great for shooters of all levels from the Novice to Intermediate. The first portion of the training will be conducted in a classroom like environment. This portion of training will cover the Fundamentals of Firearms, Firearm Safety, Firearm Handling, Firearm Storage, and the Shooting of a Firearm. Students will learn Range Etiquette, Types of Handguns (revolvers & semi-automatic), Types of Ammunition, Shooting Stance, Shooting Grip, Proper Aiming, Breathing Control, Trigger Control. Additionally, we will discuss Basic Texas Handgun Laws. No Firearms will be allowed during the first portion of the training. Student will learn proper handling of a firearm using Training Gun Replicas.
The second portion of the training will be Shooting of a Firearm. The student will demonstrate proper shooting stance, shooting grip, aiming on the target and trigger (squeeze) control with a live firearm. The length of time target shooting will be determined on the amount of ammunition expended.
Introduction To Handguns is a great first step towards preparing for the Texas License To Carry (LTC) Course.
STUDENTS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO BRING WEAPON or AMMUNITION into the CLASSROOM.